We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers. If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst for the Pasco, Washington site. This position will manage all supply chain activities and perform a wide variety of duties including: timely ordering of parts, supplies, and materials for shop departments; monitoring and maintaining acceptable levels of inventory; maintaining all records relating to shipment. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Gather supplier quotes and internal manufacturing resources; create cost estimates and apply appropriate margins to costs to create quote
- Ensure that vendor commercial terms and conditions and quality requirements are properly negotiated and included in order entry information and that the service center complies with those requirements
- Plan, negotiate, buy, and expedite service and material requirements for each order with both outside vendors and internal resources
- Ensure consistent cross regional pricing is applied to quotes using history
- Manage and have accountability for overseeing physical inventory and cycle count program
- Manage and have accountability for inventory integrity, including stockroom location, obsolete inventory, excess stock, and stock replenishment process
- Implement and follow the company policy to breakage, obsolescence and loss
- Proactively plan material requirements for new projects
- Identify opportunities and drive improvements to the material flow for current processes
- Maximize the potential and drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing operating systems
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) and teamwork approach
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret data
- Skilled in all basic MS Office products and working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Epicor)
- Direct experience in supply chain responsibilities - sourcing, planning, inventory mgmt, etc.
- Cognitive ability and inclination to solve problems and will recommend specific and innovative changes to effect improved efficiencies
- Ability to manage/monitor safety stock levels and daily Cycle Counting Program
- Forklift Operator Certificate or ability to obtain one
- High School or GED required; or Bachelor's degree in Business or similar field preferred
- 5 years of experience in a supply chain role; or 2 years of experience with Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of inventory management experience required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.