BGI Worldwide Logistics, Inc. is a dynamic domestic and international freight forwarding company seeking an experienced, Licensed Customs Broker Station Manager. As a full-service international and domestic 3rd party transportation provider we are searching for a talented professional with the confidence to lead our operations team and station in Rancho Dominguez, CA.
Licensed Customs Broker Station Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for all local operations, ensuring a high level of customer service and achieving the company's growth goals for the station. Responsibilities will include personnel management & training, operations management, oversight of our warehouse facility, collaboration with our sales team and station P&L. The Station Manager will report directly to senior management and will be accountable for 11 employees at the station. Experience in air, ocean, import/export, Customs brokerage, and FTL/LTL trucking, as well as previous leadership/management experience will be essential to succeed in this role.
Salary: $90,000 - 125,000 annually
- Establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Managing station P&L and budget while meeting company financial goals and controls
- Growing the station organically through active collaboration with the business development team
- Leading all station operations and managing, training and motivating the team
- Negotiating with vendors and optimizing station margins
- Assuring internal compliance standards are met
- Minimum 5 years licensed Customs broker including FDA experience
- Experience delivering compliance advice to customers and prospective customers
- Experience translating new trade regulations into practical terms and creating appropriate processes, policies and standards to ensure compliance for the organization and for external customers
- Minimum 5 years management experience with a third-party logistics or Customs brokerage & freight forwarding company
- Diverse transportation background including air, ocean, import/export, Customs brokerage, and FTL/LTL trucking
- Ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated business development and territory management skills with ability to grow a station organically
- Leadership in operations management with proven ability to manage, train and motivate personnel
- Working knowledge of the Western regional market
- Excellent communication skills
- CargoWise experience a plus
Job Type: Full Time
Domiciled in greater Los Angeles area (office in Long Beach)
Education Requirement: 4 year degree or equivalent freight forwarding/brokerage management experience
- Management / Sales / Business Development
- Freight Forwarding
- Customer Service
- Import / Export
- International Logistics
- Employee is eligible to participate in the employee health insurance benefits plan.
- Company contribution of $150 per month for insurance benefits coverage.
- Life insurance
- 401k participation and 4% matching available as per plan policies
- Standard vacation (2 weeks), personal days (2), and paid holidays (10) are as per the company employee handbook.
We are an international and domestic freight forwarding company headquartered in Signal Hill, CA providing service by truck, rail, air and ocean. We currently have offices in the California, Los Angeles Area: Long Beach/Signal Hill, Palm Springs, Ventura, Houston, and New York.
Our customers rely on us as their expert resource in an increasingly complex domestic and international transportation environment. Around the corner or across the globe, customers know they can rely on BGI for the latest information and the shipping and logistics services that help their business to grow and prosper.
BGI offers a complete range of domestic and international shipping services. Our headquarters is located in Signal Hill/Long Beach. To find out more, please check out our web site at: www.bgiworldwide.com