Schulz Electric, a Timken Motor & Crane Company, has a current opening for a Mechanic/ Winder position based out of East Haven, CT regional service center. This associate is responsible for the assembly of all size motors: AC & DC, horizontal and vertical.
- Mechanical Assembler is responsible for the assembly, testing, disassembly and inspection and painting of electric motors
- Various assembly duties while following customer specifications
- Ensure the quality of all work sent to the test panel
- Complete all related paperwork accurately and thoroughly
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and utilize drawings, sketches and geometric dimensioning, tolerances and repair manuals
- Providing feedback to engineering on assembly/ test discrepancies, drawing errors, quality errors, etc. in an effort to resolve problems and prevent reoccurrences
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays when necessary to meet production demands is required
- Associate must be proficient in multiple craft skills needed to repair and manufacture electrical, mechanical and rotating equipment
- Proficient use of calipers, micrometers, and dial indicators to measure tolerances as tight as .0005
- Must be proficient in the care and handling, installation, adjustment, lubrication and maintenance of anti-friction bearings.
- Applicant must have both verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience
- Associate will demonstrate an understanding of and the ability to perform dynamic balancing of rotors and rotating elements
- Associate will demonstrate the ability to seat brushes on DC motors
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.