Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will be an integral part of the finance team, supporting the Vice President & Controller and functional leaders. The FP&A Manager will lead the forecasting process for revenue, S&A and capital spend and will lead the preparation of reporting and analysis for the management team. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and will manage a team of financial analysts.
- Provide data analysis and create tools to support decision making and problem solving for the Finance leadership team. Examples include mix analysis, trend analysis and profitability monitoring.
- Support monthly and quarterly performance reporting and analysis for the VP Controller and functional leaders, this includes variance and root cause analysis.
- Lead the forecast process for revenue, S&A and capital spend, which includes evaluation for reasonableness and identification of risks and opportunities.
- Lead and develop team of financial analysts.
- Develop tactics for continuous improvement, standardization, prioritization, and balancing of analytical capacity.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Strong business understanding
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Hyperion Planning (Oracle) or OneStream
- SAP or similar ERP
- PowerBI or Tableau or Qlikview or R
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics and 10 years of relevant work experience; or
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or MBA and 7 years of relevant work experience
- CPA or CMA certification is highly preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.