Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works as a team, which requires that each person be in the right place at the right time
- Follows established work practices and procedures to ensure quality while following applicable ISO processes and work instruction
- Basic knowledge of shop tools and equipment in the area(s) being trained/ qualified
- Able to follow instructions with direction of level 2 or higher assembler to perform repeat assembly and/or tasks relating to the Quality Management System
- Basic knowledge of measuring equipment; tape measure, calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of computer, Navision and PT Tech's Filing system
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate information to all levels of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, with assistance if necessary
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Basic testing of product; can test product under direction of level 2 or higher assembler
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.