Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
PURPOSE & SCOPE
The HR Analyst will report directly to the HR Manager and will be responsible for all aspects of human resources for the Timken Aurora Bearing facility. This includes on-going maintenance of policies, programs, and practices to ensure strong associate training and development. This position will be responsible for coordinating and filling all staffing requirements for the plant, educating plant and assisting associates with all benefits issues and creation and implementation of training activities for the facility.
Training & Development:
- Responsible for supporting training requirements as well as all other plant certifications that contain training requirements.
- Work with shift leaders and plant manager to determine specific training requirements for all associates (operatives and staff)
- Investigate internal and external training programs for potential application to the plant
- Coordinate development of all internal training programs/materials as necessary
- Maintain all training records as necessary, and conduct training modules for areas of expertise and responsibility
Recruiting, Staffing & Onboarding:
- Develop strategies and implement plans to recruit, select, and maintain the best-qualified associates
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, federal, and state laws concerning HR issues
- Responsible for all routine hiring functions, including accepting and screening resumes and applications, testing, scheduling physicals, processing of paperwork, and new hire orientation
- Work with local temporary agencies to fill gaps in staffing levels. Assure compliance with all corporate and government regulations
- Become source of knowledge on all benefit programs within plant, educate self and plant on all benefit changes to ensure fair and timely application of benefits
- Assist in annual open enrollment process including helping associates navigate the benefits portal for their elections
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, federal, and state laws concerning all benefit programs
- Associate advocate and business partner, communicating frequently with associate groups through multiple channels and maintaining high visibility with associates
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, federal, and state laws
- Assists with development, training, and implementation of HR policies and procedures
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in business, HR or related field with 2+ years of experience.
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with customer service orientation
- Ability to operate with a high amount of confidentiality and professionalism
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.