This position may be domiciled out of any Yusen Logistics Office nationwide. Jacksonville is preferred.
This key position will have a direct impact to the commercial success of Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. by designing and pricing transportation operations. This position will establish, present and defend optimized transportation routing solutions and pricing for each transportation need of customers. This will involve working with all levels of organization (both External and Internal Customers) to gather requirements, refine solutions and define compelling transportation routings in both a revenue-pursuit environment and in ongoing purchase transportation cost reduction objectives. The position is responsible for establishing a core-strategic carrier network, measure carrier performance, manage and negotiate carrier-customer specific rates and contracts, and secure capacity commitments at competitive market rates for full truckload (FTL) and less than truckload (LTL). This person will work closely with the Sales and Operations team and will be involved in advising field operations on spot market rates in addition to preparing formal bid responses.
Responsibilities Pricing Management & Leadership
- Generate customer pricing strategies to the Sales and Operations team. For larger opportunities, make accurate forecast of purchased transportation in order to facilitate improved pricing decisions and gross margin expectations.
- Manage RFQs, while exhibiting exceptional time management skills.
- Collaborate with Solutions Engineering team, contribute to the creation of competitive routing and pricing solutions.
- Identify and communicate overall value for the customer through an understanding of cost, price and value components of each RFQ solution.
- Contribute to YLA's success and development through an ability to be hands-on and perform analysis of customer transportation needs.
- Contribute to building customer confidence in Yusen's RFQ process and approach
- Ability to clearly define the required inputs for developing solid routing, pricing proposals, and maintaining rates in Yusen's TMS system
- Organize data for use with transportation optimization, pricing, and analytics; understand key elements of the data and critical assumptions made in the absence of customer information.
- Qualify risks and key assumptions (i.e. how they impact a potential value proposal and profitability of YLA).
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key motor carriers including less than truckload (LTL) carriers.
- Procure market competitive and customer specific rates from motor carriers.
- Manage market competitive and customer specific less than truckload (LTL) tariffs and discounts externally with carriers and internally with operations as well as maintaining them in the system.
- Perform other duties as an analyst of Transportation Solutions Group as assigned or needed.
- 3+ years' work experience in transportation, pricing, sales, or operations.
- Good knowledge of LTL and/or FTL pricing.
- College degree in transportation, finance and accounting, business management, or in analytical field preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in working with, or for, Tier 1 supply chain consultancies welcomed, but not required.
- Capability and competency at the user level in logistics technology applications in the areas of Transportation Management Systems and other relevant systems/tools.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with executives, clients and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in data analysis, supply chain solution design and large-scale project implementation.
- Expert Level proficiency with MS Office Excel.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver complex solutions within stringent deadlines.
- Ability to develop a solution with access to limited information and data.
- Must have a goal oriented mentality coupled with the necessary skills to successfully motivate project teams to achieve desired outcomes.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.