Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The Team leader / Programmer Designer for the CNC area is responsible for designing, writing, and optimizing CNC programs to utilize the assets within the department. The Team leader / Programmer Designer should work closely with other team members to program the CNC machines, provide routine maintenance when needed, and design fixtures to produce parts effectively from drawings, and electronic images provided. The Team leader / Programmer Designer is also responsible for supervising employees on the first shift within the CNC department, this includes training, developing, and disciplining employees if necessary. The Team leader is responsible for creating the schedule for the major assets and executing that schedule on first shift.
Essential Job Duties:
- Create a weekly production schedule for the CNC Lathes and Mills
- Assign work to first shift employees and assist with setup and programming issues
- Order and maintain tooling for the CNC Area.
- Trouble shoot programs and machine Errors.
- Optimize programs to reduce cycle times and optimize output of the assets.
- Maintain CNC machines.
- Research cost saving ideas for tooling improvements and provide justification.
- Answer technical question for machining applications on product parts for engineering.
- Operate CNC Machines to produce parts as necessary.
- Train employees on machine features, functions, and techniques to develop your team.
- Creates work instructions for CNC machine operators and setups.
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
- Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Determines sequence of operations in a program.
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- CNC Programming, Machine shop/Machinist skills required.
- Proficiency with Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
- Ability to utilize CAM works program for converting CAD files to programs.
- Ability to logically write instructions using correct grammar and spelling.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Degree required. Associates Degree preferred and/or 5-7 years of manufacturing experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
Company Information: The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.