Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position is part of the Process Design and Development management team located at Timken's World Headquarters, which supports bearing manufacturing sites globally. The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and leadership to develop and maintain process standards for Timken's global manufacturing footprint, and to support initiatives to reduce manufacturing costs and drive standardization across manufacturing facilities. This position is ideal for someone who has the capability and the desire to grow technically and develop into a process specialist/leader in bearing manufacturing. The ideal job candidate has a good understanding of various bearing manufacturing processes as well as strong statistical modeling and data analysis skills.
- To develop and maintain process standards for Timken's global manufacturing footprint, supporting initiatives to reduce new part introduction lead time, lower manufacturing costs and drive standardization across manufacturing facilities.
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain robust product transformation models for use in creation of in-process engineering drawings. These transformation models must reliably predict product characteristics at various stages of manufacturing. Candidate must have strong analytical and statistical skills to be effective in this area.
- Support development, deployment and maintenance of process drawing automation tactics at various manufacturing facilities. This involves supporting CAD automation efforts and creating process drawing calculation standards.
- Provide engineering design and statistical analysis support for development and deployment of new processes or supporting manufacturing CI initiatives.
- Lead engineering automation efforts to streamline tool design tasks, using existing or by developing new automation paths. Support development and implementation of flexible tooling solutions and gauging processes.
- Responsible for KBE (Knowledge Based Engineering) certification process.
- Maintain database of process data from different plants and identify CI opportunities.
- Provide general troubleshooting assistance for manufacturing facilities.
- Domestic and international travel to Timken plants and/or supplier locations is expected up to 25% of the time.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering or a related field with 10+ years of relevant work experience or a master's degree with 5+ years.
- US Citizenship or Green Card.
- Strong analytical and problem skills
- Strong statistical skills. Experience with statistical analysis of large datasets is useful.
- 3D CAD and mechanical design experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Project management skills - Ability to manage and complete short term and long term projects with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment both as a leader and contributor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and CAD.
- Knowledge of industrial bearing manufacturing is useful.
This position involves occasional plant floor activities requiring the ability to stand, bend, sit and walk on a frequent basis to perform the essential functions of the job. Lifting and carrying of up to 35 pounds is required for machine parts, test equipment and/or product. Safety glasses and safety shoes are required while on the shop floor, and some areas require hearing protection.
The individual must have personal initiative, be motivated and be pro-active. They may work on projects jointly with other full time manufacturing engineers and interact with shop floor personnel as well as upper management. Success is measured by completion of assignments and handoff of organized working materials, results, reports, and presentations in electronic formats. Knowledge sharing and the development of other Timken associates is a requirement of this position.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.