Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Specialist, Logistics, your attention to the small details and strong work ethic will ensure our operations continue to run smoothly. You'll play a critical role in helping us continue to deliver superior service to our customers. Become a part of our rapidly growing team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor drivers and equipment to ensure daily transportation operations run safely, efficiently and on time
- Assist in developing, planning and modifying daily schedules, and notifying customer service and the operations manager about the status of shipments
- Properly monitor shipments for customers to ensure on time, accurate and satisfactory deliveries
- Troubleshoot and proactively resolve shipment discrepancies as needed
- Enter data into the transportation management system, and maintain and generate required reports; properly process, audit and file various documentation
- Communicate with customers, employees and the management team to ensure necessary requirements are met
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 1 year of related experience
- General understanding or knowledge of the transportation industry
It'd be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Experience in transportation planning
- Knowledge of shipping software (Oracle Transportation Management)
- The capability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing routine reports and correspondence
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.