Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for developing growth in the company through increased sales and customer acquisition. You will prospect sales leads, contact potential clients, and nurture existing customer relationships. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Develop and manage strategies to grow market share within assigned territory
- Drive success in sales initiatives and sharing best practices for all "focus" accounts within a region
- Monitor revenue achievement by customer and undertake appropriate action with key stakeholders to ensure that commitments are being met or exceeded
- Develop and maintain strategic multi-level customer relationships to uncover specific needs and behaviors of key decision makers
- Maintain complete and accurate records in CRM
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1-year of sales experience in the 3PL transportation industry
- Experience with Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
It'd be great if you also have:
- 3+ years' experience
- The ability to travel 50% of the time
- Demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.