Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay starts at $21.20
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, customer service is at the heart of our operation. We look for employees who can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Operations Specialist for Over, Short and Damage (OS&D), you will collaborate with customers, vendors, Cargo Claims team, and service center personnel to resolve issues with shipments. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Research over, short and damaged freight (including refused and undelivered freight); process related documentation and resolve errors for quick customer resolution and claim prevention
- Communicate with customers, operations and vendors as necessary to resolve issues around shipments identified as over, short, damaged, refused or stranded.
- Effectively use tools related to matching freight, documenting shipment dispositions, etc
- Develop strong relationships with operational teams at the service center(s) to solve recurring issues
- Monitor controls of paperwork and processes that impact claims such as timely communication of exceptions on shipper loaded trailers and proper handling of PODs.
- Track and maintain detailed records for all hazmat to ensure that physical inventory matches electronic inventory; work directly with vendors to ensure that pick-up and disposal of spills and related documentation meets all EPA and OSHA standards.
- Bill shipments pursuant to applicable tariffs and pricing agreements
- Work with Cargo Claims Team to ensure specific tasks are completed on daily basis to prevent claims
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 1 year of operational experience in transportation, warehousing or similar field
- Strong critical thinking and planning ability; flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to dive into the details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate information in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong computer, typing and 10-key skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- At least 1 year of experience in OS&D
- Knowledge of hazardous materials regulations
This job requires the ability to:
- Walk and/or stand for extended periods, up to 4 hours at a time, on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.