Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Supervisor, Customer Service, you will ensure customer satisfaction on an accelerated service commitment level, as well as lead the performance of a Customer Service Representative (CSR) team to provide maximum productivity and outstanding service. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Independently perform daily tasks to ensure OS&D and salvage freight is handled in the most optimal way company-wide
- Review individual shipments to ensure processes are followed by service center personnel
- Lead decision-making on optimal disposal method for unresolvable OS&D freight to mitigate company loss
- Work with outside vendor personnel to support optimal running of warehouse
- Research high value over, short, and damaged freight with a goal to return items to the customer and determine root cause of issues to prevent reoccurrence
- Communicate with customers, operations personnel, senior management, and vendors as necessary to resolve issues around shipments identified as over, short, damaged, or refused
- Support OS&D Management and CSRs at XPO facilities nationwide in properly following salvage processes and other operational initiatives, as needed
- Work with Cargo Claims Team when claims are received and when shipments involve salvage
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
- Maintain highest standard of customer focus and protection of company's interest
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 3 years of Experience in the Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) industry
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience in handling OS&D
- Knowledge of hazardous materials regulations
- Ability to operate with minimal guidance and structure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and planning ability; flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to dive into the details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate information in a clear and understandable manner
- Solid computer, typing and 10-key skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
This job requires the ability to:
- Walk and/or stand for extended periods, up to 4 hours at a time, on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.