Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a CNC Machinist responsible for machining parts related to gear and power transmission manufacturing (2nd shift position).
- Identify improvement opportunities in programming, manufacturing methods, tooling, and fixturing.
- Ability to set-up, program and operate MAZAK, TOSHIBA, DMG MORI Machines.
- Work with other facility teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate productions processes.
- Assist with inspection and validation using basic inspection equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of work holding and tooling processes.
- Ensures that documentation is in accordance with appropriate QMS procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience in a shop environment CNC turning/milling carbon steels and aluminum including machining set-up, programming, tooling design, and machine operation.
- Strong knowledge of tooling, inspection, and fixturing of low quantity precision parts.
- Extremely capable of establishing machining feeds/speeds/depth of cuts required to maximize production.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, and knowledgeable in GD&T.
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of workmanship.
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose.
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- US citizen or a legally authorized foreign worker to work in ITAR environment.
- Read and speak English fluently.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.