The Business Manager is responsible for the commercial client relationship, management of the client contract, client P/L and ensuring the Scope of Services is delivered as per agreement (Scope, SOW, SOP, etc.).. The Business Manager ensures that the global and/or regional need s of the customer are being met by, ensuring the account remains profitable. The Business Manager will interact across all internal functions (Management / Logistics Procurement / Solutions Engineering / Business and Solutions Development / Operations / Implementation) to deliver on the value proposition to the customer
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Own the overall commercial relationship, P&L and responsibility for the Client engagement
• Proactively manage the Client engagement through close contact with project owners and key customer contacts
• Act as project manager for specific areas of client engagement (I.e. New business, Scope Expansions, Solutio Change Requests, etc.)
• Understand Client strategies and direction
• Manage customer expectations according to contracted service level agreement and financial objectives to ensure targets are met
• Collect, interpret and provide the Client-specific requirements to the internal, shared operations team to ensure successful delivery of requested services
• Collaborate with functional managers to establish goals and objectives for resources allocated to the account team
• Coordinate contracts and activities across regions to ensure profitable performance of the account
• Identify and support projects to drive cost savings and operational improvements for the client and additional revenue
• Support development of internal and external business cases to justify additional scope, services and projects
• Develop opportunities to grow our business with the client
• Collaborate with internal Customer Analytics Manager to develop, produce and present KPIs for the Client
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations, if required, so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
• Point of escalation for customer concerns
• Ability to resolve customer issues
• Ability to coordinate groups internally
Qualifications Education and Experience
• University degree in Logistics or Business-related field
• Completion of APICS CLTD (Certified within Logistics, Transportation and Distribution) within six (6) months of employment
• Minimum 5 years of experience in managing key logistics processes, such as: warehousing, order execution and transportation operations management
• Strong analytical ability
• Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Must be highly organized self-starter and proficient in use of PC/MS office suite
• Understanding of Supply Chain Management roles and responsibilities
• Ability to link and articulate process change to multiple levels within the organization as well as customer groups
• Able to meet objectives with minimal direction from supervision and make sound business decisions
• Strong working knowledge in project management with demonstrable project/customer focused accomplishments
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills one on one and in groups
Ability to analyze and effectively communicate technical and business impacts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.