At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
GXO Logistics has completed the spin-off from XPO Logistics. As we update our systems, there are places throughout the application where you see references to XPO Logistics/XPO. Please substitute GXO for XPO throughout the application as you answer these questions.
Logistics at Full Potential.
This role will support the recently announced GXO part of the organization, which represents the intended spinoff of our global contract logistics business. GXO stands for ‘Game Changing Opportunities'; with |100,000 people comprising GXO's global team, we are on a journey toward a new era, together. We're a bold, future-focused company, driven by technology. If you're excited about reaching your full potential, we have an opportunity for you.
As the Senior Manager, Human Resources, you'll promote employee engagement and act as a liaison between employees and Executive Leadership, fostering a positive atmosphere for our growing team. We'll look to you to champion our values, ensuring a differentiated and engaged workforce, and an exciting career for yourself.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Partner with GXO Senior Leadership to implement strategies focused on increasing employee engagement, retention, and employee development
- Work closely with the business leadership team to administer and enforce the corporate policies and programs related to HR; provide input for the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and programs
- Serve as a liaison between internal customers and leadership; assist with employee issues, provide guidance on resolutions, and establish and maintain positive employee and community relations
- Administer and assist in the development and implementation of the performance management cycle; provide guidance and direction to employees with an emphasis on maintaining a high-performing work environment centered around coaching, counseling, policies, procedures, and standards
- Provide guidance and coaching to management to help develop a strong performing team
- Play a consultative role to employee, managers and leaders to manage organizational change
- Utilize your experience to collaborate with the talent management and compensation teams to ensure best practices are achieved while focused on balance between business deliverables and talent needs
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; ability to learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
It'd be great if you also have:
- PHR Certification
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on results and a focus on quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.