First Planning Solutions, the logistics division of First Student, North America's premier provider of student transportation services, has a career opportunity for a Routing Analyst.
The Routing Analyst is responsible for building and maintaining accurate and efficient route schemes in routing systems for First Student locations and our school district customer. The Routing Analyst interacts with customer and location contacts on a daily basis to ensure route updates and changes are performed on a timely basis. This position will also provide routing and data support for consulting and analytical studies conducted by FPS.
Our company offers competitive salary and benefit packages as well as internal job growth opportunities. We are looking for the next leader to join our team!
Routing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Initialize, configure and populate all data components required in computerized routing systems, including: maps, boundaries, hazards, school parameters, transportation policies and students – training is provided for routing platforms used.
- Loads and edits map, student and transportation data within computerized routing systems. Works with source data in various formats, including: Excel, Access, Word, and text files. Recognizes and resolves issues associated with data loading, data quality, etc.
- Coordinate routing updates and change requests across multiple locations
- Acts as day-to-day point contact for FS location staff and school district administrators
- Keep supervisor apprised of any issues, challenges, special requests in locations
- Assist other FPS staff with complex analyses in various software packages of student, transportation, boundary, or other data.
- Logs hours worked and other relevant project information into web-based tracking tool
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned including help with special projects.
- Complies with First Group America's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Routing Analyst Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven problem-solving ability and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Solid keyboarding skills.
- Ability to quickly and accurately analyze and troubleshoot various data formats.
- Ability to learn to work with electronic maps.
- Ability to learn to efficiently navigate complex systems
Training will be provided for well-qualified candidates!!
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.