Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Salaried employees will earn a $500 weekly Peak Season bonus in addition to normal compensation. Peak Season bonuses are paid from 11/14/2021 through 12/11/2021 for those that meet eligibility requirements.
2nd Shift, Monday - Friday, 4:00pm - 1:00am
At GXO Logistics, we look for employees who take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Facilities Supervisor, your leadership and experience will ensure our operations continue to run smoothly. If you're excited about the challenge of working for a dynamic global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with GXO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead and supervise maintenance staff to perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Train and evaluate employee performance, including recommending or initiating hiring, promotions, transfers or disciplinary actions
- Review workload and assign tasks to employees
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of the distribution center layout and flow of product; oversee processes to ensure maintenance activities are completed accurately, safely and on time
- Properly maintain, inspect and repair machines, equipment, electronics, mechanical conveyor system and warehouse facilities in a safe manner
- Measure work performance, compare results to objectives and take corrective actions; maintain and generate required reports
- Establish, maintain and promote exceptional customer service
- Correctly interpret and enforce company policies and safety procedures to ensure team compliance
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance, or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- Warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL) experience
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Experience with electrical motor controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and controls, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and operator interfaces (PLC knowledge is helpful), lighting and power distribution, HVAC systems and controls, and conveyor systems PM and repair
- Knowledge of carpentry, painting and plastering; familiarity with plumbing and electrical repair
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.