Pilot Last Mile is seeking a full time Assistant Manager to work for our Gardena Station, located in Gardena, CA. The hours for this position vary. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all billing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Maintains warehouse inventory integrity in company-run facilities.
- Oversees recruiting, processing, and performance of Independent Owner/Operators.
- Develops and maintains relations with vendors.
- Ensures follow up on shipping discrepancies, damaged goods and in-home damage claims.
- Oversees in-home delivery for customers.
- Maintains monthly operating reports that include statistics and customer service scores.
- Attendance and Punctuality are essential functions of the job.
Directly supervises non-exempt on-site staff who handle day-to-day operations in customer service, claims, order processing and delivery. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Flexible work schedule
- Minimum of 3 years working in a Furniture Delivery operation
- Must be self-motivated to work with little supervision
- Excellent Attendance including the management of their clock-in/clock-out punches
- Positive attitude and ability to work with others
- Good communications skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: