Come work for us!
We are looking for dedicated employees to join our team to help our customers have the best experience possible every time they enter a JD Finish Line store.
Our employees are key to our success.
The hours for this position are: Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
This position is responsible for assisting Distribution Center Supervisors in maintaining acceptable production levels. This individual should effectively exhibit JD Finish Line's core values of Customer, People, Winning, Community, and Financial Responsibility in everything they do by performing the following key duties:
- Trains and develops associates to achieve efficiency.
- Oversees assignments and utilizes effective communication to direct associates to ensure work is completed in a prioritized and timely manner.
- Leads by example by following all policies and procedures.
- Assists as directed in other departments to accomplish distribution center goals.
- Assists supervisors in recognizing behavior problems and coaches employees.
- Makes recommendations to supervisors for further disciplinary actions to enhance the efficiency of the distribution center.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the distribution center inventory.
- Maintains work area to provide a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-up to retain accountability.
- Ability to be cross trained in all departments of the distribution center.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
High School diploma/GED and 1-2 years leadership experience, preferably in a distribution center environment. Basic math skills. written and verbal skills. Solid analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve situations as they arise. Must have the ability to train others. Internal candidates with JD Finish Line experience strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Basic computers skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have or gain the ability to operate and understand the functions of the RF device utilized for most tasks in the DC.
Must be able to read, write, and understand both written and verbal communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Must work responsibly and apply all safety guidelines. Taking responsibility for personal safety and the safety of others. Recognize and resolve problems utilizing and staying within the DC policy and procedures, SOP (standard operating procedures) and Supervisors instructions. Ability to interpret extensive data from the WMS (warehouse management system) and Unit Sorting system in order to prioritize assignments and direct the work force. Must be flexible to the constant changes necessary to achieve the Distribution Centers goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, climb stairs the entire shift
- Ability to work in areas up to 40 feet above ground level surrounded by open guardrails, not enclosed by walls.
- Ability to bend, twist repetitively and work redundantly with both hands.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to utilize poles manipulating them above the head to free jammed boxes.
- Ability Push or pull pallets utilizing manual pallet jacks weighing in excess of 500 lbs.
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company's policies are required for the position.
- Average work week is 35-40 hours, which can vary depending on business need.
Associates are required to work in an industrial setting with moderate noise levels. Temperature ranges from 50 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter to 90 degrees Fahrenheit during summer months. May be asked to unload/load trailers where the temperature will be at or near outside temperature. Some dust will be in and around work area. Some work areas are elevated up to 40 feet with guardrails. There will be numerous types of moving machinery including forklifts and conveyor systems.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis or permanent basis per company policy.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.
The Finish Line, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local EEO laws. The Finish Line, Inc. prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on the individual's race or color, religion or creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, sex, pregnancy status, age, military status, disability, or any other protected characteristic or class protected by law. The Finish Line, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Need accessibility assistance to apply?
Applicants who require accessibility assistance to submit an employment application can either call Finish Line at (317) 613-6890 or email us at email@example.com. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will respond as soon as reasonably possible. (This email address and phone number is only for individuals seeking accommodation when applying for a job.)