The Operations Agent is responsible for all domestic operations (tracking/tracing, quotes, shipment creation, bookings). May also be cross trained to assist in international operations (import/export operations, quoting, tracking/tracing, shipment creation, bookings).
- Strong customer service skills
- Contracting new carriers
- Negotiating Freight Rates
- Develop collaborative carrier relationships
- Develop collaborative carrier relationships and work with Account Managers to ensure quality service
- Assigning carriers and providing load tenders
- Find and develop new logistics/freight opportunities and design carrier solutions for other Pilot offices and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 6 months Customer service experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Must have experience managing high call and email volume
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze information skillfully
High School or better.
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: