Pilot Freight Services is searching for a dynamic Home Delivery Operations Manager – Embedded Solutions in the Tracy, CA area. We have a rare opportunity for a behind-the-scenes logistics position. The DC Manager is embedded in the operation and dedicated to being the best; to standing at the line of action and taking charge of a busy regional distribution center and making sure that teams on the front line are sharp and committed to excellence. You will oversee the team to fine tune processes, support the P&L expectations and decisions, and ensure that customers get the kind of treatment you demand for yourself. This is a high volume operation that calls for hyper-attentiveness to detail always, the ability to communicate clearly, set expectations, and lead with passion.
Our customers are iconic appliance and electronics brands who expect a superior home delivery event for their clients. You'll have the opportunity to stand at the line of action and take charge of a busy regional distribution center while making sure that teams on the front line are sharp and committed to excellence. The hours of this position are Monday-Saturday (Schedules will be defined once position are filled.)
If this is how you live and want to work, then we want to hear from you right now.
Own-the-Results Job Description:
The DC Manager will report directly to the Regional Director of LM, but will work closely with several other team members throughout all stages of the dedicated delivery service. He/she will be responsible for the execution of the facility delivery team including but not limited to; order routing, contractor management, and customer service. The DC Manager is responsible for daily planning, organizing, controlling and managing the over-all operations of delivery and return orders.
The DC Manager must excel in a HIGH VOLUME HOME APPLIANCE AND ELECTRONICS OPERATION. This person must be one who can execute to a prescribed process in the most efficient manner. They must be able to handle a very fast paced, highly dynamic, and dead-line driven work place environment.
This is what you would have done had you been with us last month:
- Provided the necessary communication and support between customers, suppliers and independent contractors regarding operations activity to ensure a smooth delivery and expected level of service.
- Managed the planning and coordination in executing order assembly and dispatch of product.
- Provided the efficient utilization of delivery team capacity and mechanical handling of equipment, ensuring quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives were met.
- Worked with the Regional Director or LM Manager to achieve financial objectives by supporting the preparation of an annual budget.
- Managed a P&L by operating the business within budgeted guidelines through scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances.
- Managed contractual agreements and key performance indicators set forth by the client.
- Used personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activities and procedures.
- Managed the resolution of complex escalations pertaining to Independent Contractors and customers; Reported on issues as needed to ensure complaints were addressed and resolved to client satisfaction.
- Utilized site operating systems to ensure daily execution of planned activities.
- Managed the recruitment and training of staff and IC's, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Conducted weekly client meetings to report and evaluate the quality of service received, providing solutions for continuous improvement.
- Ensured driver safety and compliance, loading in a safe manner and requirements were being met.
- Performed other dynamic duties as required.
These are the tools you would have brought with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred but not required; Completion of a college program in business administration or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration or maintenance
- 5+ years supply chain experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management; 2-4 years in a supervisory/management role; experience in a large distribution center strongly preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support of customer relationships (vendors, warehousing, sales and upper-management)
- Strong analytical skills, especially as it pertains to proactively managing and coordinating with others in order to meet our customer's needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and high integrity
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in the use of operating and routing software
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and complete repetitive tasks for complete shift.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
High School or better.
EXCEL INTERMEDIATE Novice
Completing task in a timely manner, as assign Novice
Coaching Skills Novice
Attention to Detail Novice
Ability to Work Under Pressure Novice
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: