Pilot Freight Services is seeking an experienced Global Operations Agent for our Romulus, MI location.
To be the primary interface between Pilot Freight Services, customers, sales, system operations, partners and vendors. To provide quality customer service, while meeting company policies and procedures.
- Frequent and accurate communication to customer, vendor, cartage agents, and other station and company personnel;
- Provide rate quotes on international shipments, and track and trace their progress;
- Resolve any problems, and coordinate recovery and delivery schedules with various cartage agents and international partners;
- Reliably relate information to all parties concerned in a timely manner.
- Must be detail-oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Interact professionally with a wide range of personnel with diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Organizational skills are required due to high volume and demands of the position;
- Should have a demonstrated history and ability to creatively find solutions to unexpected challenges
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2-years of industry experience
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required.
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Bachelors or better.
Customer service experience Novice
Proficiency in written & verbal communication Novice
EXCEL BASIC Novice
MS Word Novice
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: