The Pricing Coordinator's responsibility is to provide Air/Ocean freight pricing on export and import shipments including trucking rates. Ensure a timely response, accurate and competitive rate proposals to inside/outside customers. Coordinates and negotiates rates with carriers and be able to prepare reports.
The Pricing Coordinator will play a fundamental role with the operation and company growth and will require to comfortably prepare over 20 quotes per day by coordinating with customers, agents and colleagues.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rate quotes and routings on International Import/Export inquiries
- Understanding of worldwide location airport/ports
- Coordination with Export, Import & Sales Managers
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Contact and follow-up proposal with cutomers
- Maintain and update report for gain and loss potential prospects
- Ensure all contract rates and amendments are accurate
- Analyze surcharge from origin and destination rates
- Validate and update rates including FMC filing
- Communicate carriers' rate increase to external and internal customers via email
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree plus two to three years' related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.