The Import Agent II (NVOCC) is responsible for the processing of freight shipments imported into the US via ocean carriers. The Import Agent is engaged in the preparation of files, distribution of documents, collection of funds associated with the breakdown (break bulk) of import consolidations.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficient handling of freight shipments. Verify system generated information with actual documents to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain files: enter file data, including but not limited to - opening the file, entering and updating online system with applicable data elements, billing each file -provide accurate job costing, issuing applicable forms and documents, and closing the file as per departmental guidelines.
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors. - notify arrival of shipments, distribute documentation, track movement of shipment from origin to destination which may involve arranging release and delivery at destination according to customer requirements. Issue delivery order to carrier, monitor timely delivery and obtain POD.
- If necessary, complete In-bond moves, included but not limited to: IT's and Permit to Transfer.
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with policy standards.
- Ensure each file's payables and receivables are completed and forwarded timely and as per customer requirements.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and requested.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience of Import Ocean in a freight forwarder, NVOCC, or Customs Brokerage environment.
- Must possess excellent data entry skills and excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people. Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Understand the processes and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order placement to delivery of cargo at ultimate destination.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Detailed oriented.
- Possess the ability to communicate professionally verbally and in written format.
- Work effectively in a team environment. Must be a team player.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.).
- Must work with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Cargo Wise experience preferred.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.