The HRIS Analyst is responsible for maintaining HRIS functionality and integrity by managing interfaces, data auditing and exceptions, HR / Payroll reporting and analysis, system security administration and other departmental processes. The HRIS Analyst functions as a primary data expert for all employee information contained within our HRIS system and is primary support to the Director, HR Operations and as functional back-up to the HR Specialist. This position is the primary point-of-contact for the field HR, benefits and payroll representatives, and other HRIS staff for the purposes of Cognos reporting, HRIS coding issues, as well as broader HRIS utilization issues.
This position may be domiciled at any of our Yusen US locations, but preferably in Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Los Angeles, Jacksonville, Charlotte, NJ or the New York City metropolitan area.
- Responsible for data integrity within HRIS system according to policies, practices, and HRIS requirements through development and execution of internal processes as well as maintaining a rigorous data auditing procedure.
- Recommend and develop custom/complex queries, reports and dashboards.
- Will apply an understanding of the company's business issues to analyze requests for ad-hoc reports and determine the best approach for the creation of the report, or the modification of existing reports.
- Diagnose and trouble-shoot complex customer and system issues including system errors, security, process, and integration issues.
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes effective relationships with Field HR, Payroll and Benefits colleagues to ensure the smooth flow of data and to address and resolve data discrepancies.
- Recommends process improvements and deploys solutions, as well as develops user procedures, guidelines, and documentation.
- Interface management, development, and improvement.
- Act as a key project team contributor for HR system upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Promotes data integrity and a stable HRIS environment through security and configuration recommendations and practices.
- Manages role and user level security in the HRIS system.
- Performs routine systems administration including updating of system tables.
- Responsible for reporting and configuration of our Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS).
- Responsible for maintaining current processes through the payroll system integration period, including existing manual auditing process and various interfaces.
- Responsible for preparation and delivery of HR Metrics, including but not limited to the Monthly Headcount report, Turnover Analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or 3 - 5 years experience in an HRIS role with specific experience in and knowledge of data entry, data interfaces, data auditing, HR report preparation, and systems administration, required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated understanding of the concepts and issues unique to the management of HR data required .
- Advanced Excel skills required; VBA/Macro knowledge preferred
- Prior experience with a leading HRIS/Payroll system ( UKG Pro (formerly Ultipro) , PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP), UKG Pro preferred .
- Prior experience with applicant tracking system, iCIMS preferred.
- Knowledge of UKG Dimensions (Formerly Kronos Dimensions) is a plus.
- Experience with Cognos Business Intelligence report writing strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with systems implementation strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of HR processes, HR functional areas of specialization, and HR data.
- Understanding of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with database reporting tools.
- Ability to c reate spreadsheets, pivot tables and visual aids (e.g., bar graphs) to demonstrate data trends and format data for reporting.
- Ability to interpret graphs and charts they relate to the HR data.
- Demonstrates and recommends alternative solutions for process improvements.
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.