Join us at First Student Canada as a Dispatcher!
We are looking for a Dispatcher for our Pointe Claire, QC Location - Apply with us today!
At First Student, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of our company's commitment to safety and customer service.-The Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors on front line.
The Dispatcher role will under limited supervision, dispatch all vehicles to ensure on time performance
of service within an assigned geographical area.
- Assignment of drivers, regular and spare.
- Completion of daily dispatch duties and statistical summaries.
- Two-way radio communication.
- Prepare and submit accurate payroll data.
- Assist in assigning drivers to routes and vehicles.
- Assist in organizing routes on a regular basis and updating route files daily and as needed.
- Maintain up to date records of operational information.
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance with Shop Foreman.
- Act as a primary contact point pertaining to parent, school, and board enquiries.
- Escalates unresolved issues to management in a timely manner.
- Maintain route documentation and records, relevant contract requirements, school information, student data, route changes, relevant maps, vehicle details, driver details, for the purpose of providing accurate and reliable information to customers and complies with school board and provincial requirements.
- Demonstrates appropriate and responsible behaviours when corresponding with colleagues, board members, school faculty and parents.
- Work with LM to ensure parkout locations are appropriate and drivers are assigned to the right route.
- Ensure equipment is present, clean, available and installed in your teams vehicles as per consortia requirements.
- Any other tasks as assigned by your management team.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize is integral to this position.
- Able to multitask. Computer literacy and keyboarding experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Safety conscious at all times.
514-240-1546 (Ryad Azzouni, Recruteur régional)
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority