We're currently seeking a dynamic HR professional to provide human resource management consultation, coaching and guidance to a number of our Contract Logistics Group's regional facilities. With the support of our Regional and Corporate HR Team, this person will be the primary point of contact for HR matters and services for the assigned region including talent acquisition, communication, employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation and benefits.
This position will include an element of hybrid work as well.
- Understand business dynamics of organization and drive Human Resources practices and processes that translate business strategies and issues into appropriate HR actions. Create and maintain quality working relationships with employees at all levels, both in person and remotely. Build and maintain long-term trusted relationships with executives and their teams.
- Assist in developing organizational plans by analyzing and reporting organizational issues and trends and working with the leaders to ensure organization effectiveness and proper implementation of change strategies. Drive various HR initiatives and processes within assigned region(s).
- Provide input on development, execution and improvements for HR program design, while ensuring alignment with company culture and business direction, by partnering with HR colleagues and Regional managers for best practices approach in providing client support to improve organization performance and provide seamless HR service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local legal requirements and YLA Values, Policies, Procedures and Practices, including J-SOX compliance.
- Facilitate alignment and improvement of HR policies, processes and programs across assigned regions with the following:
- Talent Acquisition: In collaboration with YLA Recruiter, accountable for all recruiting efforts in assigned geographic region up to manager level.
- Communication: Promote open and frequent communication in all directions with target audiences.
- Organization Talent Development: Actively manage retention of top tier performers/high potential talent.
- Employee Relations: Analyze situations, investigate, identify root causes and provide effective and proactive resolution. Create a positive employee relations environment.
- Benefits: Partner with HR colleagues and Business Units for Open Enrollment process and design/development/implementation of policies and processes.
- Manage special projects and ongoing initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred. PHR a plus.
- Seven plus years of experience in a Human Resources Management position including experience with employee relations and training and development.
- Recruitment experience including utilization of behavior based interviewing.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates and recommends alternative solutions for process improvements.
- Capacity to work with limited supervision and support, in a rapidly changing and fast paced environment.
- Strong capabilities with gathering and analyzing information skillfully while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment.
- Local travel as well as 30% domestic travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.