Tender Management Analyst - Remote
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Employees can work remotely
About Toll: Global Forwarding
At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport, or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post.
Global Forwarding delivers cargo across our global network via road, rail, sea, and air. From loose cartons for consolidation and palletized cargo to moving dangerous goods and bulk commodities, we have the experience, the infrastructure, and the global network to get freight moving – across towns, across countries and across continents.
The Tender Management analyst will serve as a liaison for the Sales and Product teams for situational pricing with prospective and current clients. The individual will help to establish tactical pricing processes and procedures and will interact with sales, products, operations, trade managers, and overseas stations during the deal development.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and enhance TGF Americas deal pricing capabilities for Ocean and Air Freight services
- Drive better and quicker decisions with a focus on pricing processes, tools, and systems
- Identify, develop, and report upon metrics, analytics, and insights into deal performance to improve profitability, speed, and efficiency of quotes.
- Review and analyze deal structure, profitability, and economic analysis
- Deliver professionally prepared price quotations for customers in support of Sales efforts
- Highly visible role - requiring regular updates to TGF senior product and sales leaders
- Analyze competitive pricing information for best price response
- Work with other internal teams for post-award maintenance of pricing
- Administer and distribute new pricing tariffs and respond to inquiries
SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
- Windows Operating System
- MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years' related experience in the service industry
- Demonstrated critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and risks, and identifying alternative solutions or approaches
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Time management skills
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry's future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the center of what makes Toll great – it's what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
You must be entitled to work in the United States and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history.