Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Scope: Set-up and operate precision CNC machining equipment to produce ball bearing components.
This is a 2nd shift position, with regular hours of 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Setup and Operations - Set-up and operate production equipment including CNC lathes, honers, and bore grinders.
- Gauging - Basic measurement of bearing geometry using state-of-the-art computer controlled gauging equipment as well as digital calipers, micrometers, metallurgical techniques, and dial indicators.
- Quality through Process Control - Use process control techniques such as SPC, Histograms, Pareto analysis, etc. to understand and make adjustments to the manufacturing process. Emphasis placed on recognition, diagnosis and correction of out-of-control conditions. Will make quality checks to include concentricity, roundness, barreling, and eccentricity. Tolerancing up to and including .0000050. Problem solve to achieve above tolerancing and quality.
- Zone Control - sound ANDON to signal abnormal condition or problem. Problem solve to correct issue.
- Maintenance - Monitor, clean, and inspect equipment to prevent problems before they occur, tied with routine maintenance of equipment and troubleshooting problems of minor to moderate complexity. Perform operator level Preventive Maintenance.
- Material Handling - Move work in process to adjacent operations. Complete affiliated administrative flow requirements as needed.
- Customer Focus - Achieve a clear understanding of the customer's (internal and external) technical requirements for each order. Responsible for assuring conformance to these requirements.
- Team Participation - Collaborate with a variety of plant teams focused on continuous improvement. Occasionally serve as facilitator of such teams. Regularly rotate to other machines and assist team members in meeting Team Metrics.
- Training - Continuously develop and upgrade training materials used to train other technicians, and occasionally assist in training.
- Safety - Requires daily participation and involvement in individual and team safety responsibilities such as Behavior Based Safety, daily housekeeping, proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and adherence to all safety requirements and policies.
- Continuous Improvement - Generate and implement ideas for quality improvements and cost savings.
- Good Wages - Good hourly wage, plus shift differential for afternoon and night shift.
- Great Benefits - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) savings plan with generous company match, paid holidays, and vacation.
- Career Opportunities - Timken is a U.S. manufacturing company with over 120 years of history, and manufacturing operations around the world.
- Great work environment - Safe, clean, and comfortable.
- Technical or mechanical background
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic, and team skills
- Demonstrated strong math and mechanical skills
- Minimum high school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in precision grinding and/or assembly
- Strong safety mindset - Daily participation in individual and team safety responsibilities such as the Precautionary Based Safety (PBS) Observations program, good housekeeping practices, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Computer skills - Requires daily use of computers; entering production data into SAP manufacturing system, and navigation in our quality management system to locate control plans and various requirements documents
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.