Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Engineer, Software Engineering, you will apply complex technical, mathematical, and scientific techniques and knowledge to evaluate software from other sources; and design and implement software components that address specific business requirements, resulting in systems that achieve quantifiable measures of performance, quality, affordability, maintainability, and simplicity. Develops new, complex software components, and modifications to and in support of existing production software.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Design and develop new software that satisfies business requirements by applying techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis
- Evaluate and select process and logic patterns, programming language constructs, data storage methods and operating environment interfaces that effectively satisfy requirements and meet quantifiable measures
- Develop appropriate programs and systems documentation
- Collaborate with architects, systems engineers, project managers, systems administrators and operations analysts to deploy/implement solutions and troubleshoot technical issues
- Develop and maintain automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment and collaborate with developers to manage code releases.
- Participate in collaborative code reviews conducted with colleagues and team members; coordinate the deployment and implementation of software solutions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in software solutions development, preferably in the transportation and logistics industry
- Experience with TypeScript and Angular 5 or higher
- Experience in using the Ag Grid, Reactive Forms
- Hands on and implements complex Angular applications, directives, controllers, services
- Familiar with testing frameworks (Ex. Jasmine), Test runner framework (Ex. Karma)
- Experience with TeamCity to create and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment configurations for applications that are on premise and in GCP environments.
- Experience in software configuration management using GIT and Enterprise Git Hub
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or a related technical field
- 4 years of experience in software solutions development preferably in the transportation and logistics industry
- Experience using Jira or other project management software
- Experience authoring technical documents in Confluence
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) for deploying and running cloud-based applications
- Experience using CDNs and WebSockets
- Experience with various OAuth flows
Be part of something big. #PIQ
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.