We are looking for a Shop Manager for our Lasalle, QC location
Take your career to the next level with First Student!
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
At First Student, our Technicians and Shop Managers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students' safety. That's why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Competitive pay
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
Shop Manager Major Job Duties Include:
- Schedule and supervise all shop activities to ensure maximum productivity through VMS computer program
- Makes recommendations and obtain quotations for facility upgrades for the annual capital budgeting process. Participates in setting shop budget and conducts monthly reviews with Location Manager to ensure goals are being met and discuss variances to plan.
- Ensure branch fleet is maintained to government and company requirements
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner
- Oversee the performance of Brake, Safety and PM inspections
- Monthly reporting to the Regional Maintenance Manager
- Participate in company provided educational programs to ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental regulations
Shop Manager Requirements:
- Grade 12 Education
- Valid mechanic's license
- Hands-on diesel experience
- At least 3 years supervisory or fleet management experience preferred
- Knowledge of VMS or similar fleet maintenance system
- Must have strong communication, organizational skills and management skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Subject to a background check and drug test
- Shop/garage environment
First for a Reason
Benefits -We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives and paid holiday/vacation.
Professional Advancement -Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Extensive Training -Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion -Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact -Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!