Chewy is hiring for a Transportation Coordinator at our new Reno, NV location. This position is critical in ensuring that customer orders ship in a timely manner and damaged free. This position is responsible for understanding the freight process and equipment necessary for successful shipments.
What You'll Do:
- Ensures that freight is loaded properly in trailers for shipment to customers.
- Work with Operations and local delivery vendors to ensure we are making adjustments to the process to ensure the 100% delivery success. (ie more sweeps)
- Familiar with the sorter process and audits packages to ensure that it is working correctly.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure timely delivery. Ensure that trailers in the yard are being prioritized correctly and that nothing is left behind or taken to the wrong facility.
- Act as a SME on the shipment process and partner with Operations on ensuring its success.
- Audit the process and document any delivery issues. Work with Operations and transportation to ensure solutions are defined and implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- 1 to 3 years warehouse / distribution experience; specifically related to outbound shipment experience preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook experience required.
- eCommerce background is a plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 65 lbs. and bend, lift safely and repetitively
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions from oral instructions or written correspondence
- Good communicator and active listener
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- High level of professionalism and strong work ethic
- The ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and handle multiple tasks at once
- Adhere to quality and performance standards
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com .