Chewy is searching for a Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator for our team. The Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator works with leadership, supervisors, and employees to support and enforce policies that protect employees and keep the work environment safe and compliant. The Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator conducts inspections, supports accident investigations, owns and facilitates training, and helps define the safety culture of the organization. Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinators also ensure that safety-related training records, accident reports and other documents are completed and filed appropriately.
The successful candidate will be a driven, solutions based, self-starter. They will be the driving force to ensure the facility is maintained in accordance with OSHA requirements, as well as supporting and enforcing policies that ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
What you'll do:
- Implement and enforce all OSHA and warehouse rules and regulations
- Engage team members to build and maintain an integrated safety culture
- Train team members and conduct behavioral safety, 5S, & Gemba observations
- Train team members and conduct periodic safety and health walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities.
- Assist with periodic safety and other required training
- Continually add value to training material through comprehensive evaluation
- Assist with accident/injury/near miss response and investigations
- Assist with investigations into employee inquiries, suggestions and complaints.
- Assist managing safety equipment, PPE, and supply stock and needs
- Assist with site emergency drills and monitor employee response and readiness
- Maintain required safety and health documents/files.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional ability to operate safely in a high speed and fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to follow instructions as directed and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize job tasks and duties
- Knowledge of handling powered industrial equipment and strong overall safety awareness
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
- 2 year degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Understanding of fulfillment/distribution center/warehouse processes and flow
- Well-developed observational and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Able to work flexible schedules/shifts as needed for 7 day operation
- Proven skills for planning daily/weekly tasks and adapting to competing demands Strong skills developing relationships across all levels and functions
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com .