Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
XPO requires all employees conducting in person work at the Greenwich headquarters to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination before their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or protected religious reasons, you can seek a reasonable accommodation.
As the Public Relations Director, you will be responsible for creating and executing strategies and programs that will drive positive perception and demand among top-tier, tech, industry and trade media, as well as other influential business audiences. You will use your years of experience and compelling storytelling skills to achieve great results for the company. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Deliver a winning PR plan and strategy for XPO's portfolio of products and services
- Manage announcements, including drafting, finalizing, routing for approval and disseminating
- Develop spokespeople to prepare messaging and delivery
- Search the organization for content to pitch to top-tier business, consumer, tech and trade media
- Work with business leaders to identify stories and data to share externally
- Position the company as a thought leader on key topics and ensure the message is delivered in a sophisticated and consistent way
- Build high-quality PR, influencer and social media content and materials
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of PR experience
- Proven record in delivering measurable PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong knowledge of and network in the media industry; relationships with media reporters and influencers
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience with a large global organization and strong media relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a strong familiarity with the Associated Press writing style; ability to integrate marketing, messaging and positioning
- Top-notch media relations skills
- Proven track record of cross-functional collaboration with the ability to influence and impact results at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to develop strategic plans and the necessary execution
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and management skills with a proactive nature and hands-on approach
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure in a real-time, global environment
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.