The Logistics Solution Manager is managing a team who is leading and supporting solution design, implementation activities for new and existing clients as well as continuous improvement and business process improvement activities in existing Yusen operations. He/She will report to VP of Business Development and work closely with the VP of Operations.
The primary purposes of this role are:
• Lead the modeling of solutions for new accounts, based on process mapping and Activity Based-Cost model
• Supervise the Business Implementation for Warehousing opportunities and lead assigned projects (new account implementations and business transitions),
• Work with local operations to identify and prioritize cost, efficiency, and quality improvement initiatives,
• Logistics knowledge experts to support critical transition and stabilization activities associated with operational performance issues while engage with local operations to implement and monitor results of business process improvement initiatives.
This role will heavily interact with the entire warehouse division team, local operations and IT as well as the corporate Supply chain team.
• Support new business development by defining key requirements and identifying scope of work,
• Provide engineered solutions (Design initial solution, layout, Process flow mapping) and use Activity Based Costing, Create customer proposals,
• Design storage concepts and support re-arrangement activities
• Intercommunication with BD/Bid Owner and On-site presentation. Negotiate with customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes. Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency
• Present solutions to senior management, indicating solutions or recommendations based on productivity and time studies and various analyses for logistics process improvements.
• Support development and deployment of Logistics, Warehouse and Supply Chain Management processes with analytics and Kaizen efforts,
• Analyze, review and optimize logistics processes,
• Monitor and benchmark Logistics Key Performance Indicator systems.
• Analyze market trend in terms of innovation and evaluate feasibility to implement solutions within the warehouse division. Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
Implementation lead - Lead Logistics process and IT migration design for implementation of new client engagements and business expansion with existing customers including the following:
• Lead logistics implementation of new facilities or new client implementations,
• Lead implementation for expansion of existing facilities or client solutions,
• Lead teams for implementation activities associated with operational improvement initiatives, lead where assigned.
• Ensure implementations align with current defined operational best practices and standard processes
• Responsible for monitoring budget and timelines related to logistics implementations
• Define required reporting and KPI's based on operational best practices and local capabilities
• Specify, procure and oversee the installation of equipment associated with layout and process designs in relation with Operations Support department.
• Support functional development initiatives for systems (business-driven),
• Project-driven analytics for conversion of business requirements into IT requirements,
Operational Stabilization, Business Process Improvement
• Support local operational stabilization activities as required to support internally or externally identified performance issues. Support Operations as needed in implementing and monitoring Total Quality programs and Kaizen methodology to drive business process improvement activities
• Act as a neutral interface between Yusen operations and client to drive operational improvements as needed
• Develop base case and root cause analysis
• Work with local operations to identify and prioritize action items or improvement initiatives
• Support the implementation of improvement initiatives
• Monitor improvement initiatives to ensure expected results.
• Assist local operations in identifying and prioritizing local and nationwide logistics initiatives
• Identify and implement cost improvement opportunities
• Identification of inventory improvement initiatives
• Assist in identification of IT improvement initiatives to support operations
• Support internal business case development for logistics initiatives
• Monitor to ensure area operational compliance with best practices and processes
- 5 to 10 years of proven track record in support of Logistics Operations.
- Strong Leadership experience required
- Project Manager Experience Preferred
- Logistics Process Engineering a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or supply chain with a focus in Logistics.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain Management on operational, tactical and strategic level.
- Strong knowledge of process engineering and optimization.
- Highly analytical with in-depth understanding of business, IT and process requirements.
- Solution Design experience a plus
- Knowledge of Manhattan Scale WMS as well as transloading system is a plus.
- Able to work under pressure and self-motivated.
- Decision maker and driven by result. Places great emphasis on customer focus
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across an organization
- Team player and team builder
- Willingness for extensive business travel when needed during assigned projects. The home office will be in Long Beach, CA.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short &
- Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.