Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Specialist, Customer Billing, you will work directly with the order capture vendor to research and resolve Bill of Lading (BOL) and/or data exceptions in the freight billing process. You'll also perform daily audits, validate order entry data, ensure the accuracy of the information and provide billing accuracy reports to management as needed. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at your job and the resources to build an exciting career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Validate order entry data
- Ensure the billing vendor's Service Level Agreement (SLA) for accuracy is met each day
- Complete daily billing audits
- Provide billing accuracy data to management as required
- Identify and communicate opportunities to ensure billing rules are accurate
- Complete special projects as needed
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 1 year of related work experience
- Experience with freight billing processes, including understanding the impact on freight operations
- Knowledge of Hazmat shipments and the impact these shipments have on operations
- Experience and aptitude with Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) billing systems and customer specific billing requirements
It'd be great if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- LTL operations processes and systems experience
- Experience with NetSuite Order Management Systems
- Customer Specific Bill of Lading (CSBOL) and Electronic BOL (EBOL) experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to effectively communicate and maintain a good working relationship with internal customers and vendors
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively multitask and complete work on time
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.