Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter and delivering product (when needed) to customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation may be done during the course of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Completes tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods. May be required to carry heavy merchandise up and down stairs while using body straps and/or furniture dolly for merchandise 50-300 pounds.
- Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
- Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in proper storage.
- Operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Drive company vehicles, on occasion to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations. Serve as an emergency driver when needed for backup. (Non-CDL)
- Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.