Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: Material Handler
Description: The material handler plays a vital role in plant and warehouse inventory accuracy by performing accurate inventory transactions for all materials that are transported using desktop PCs and handheld scanners. The material handler supports production and distribution of product by loading and unloading production materials, pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product.
Overall Purpose: Ensures that production remains fluid through the replenishment of necessary materials required to complete customer orders.
- Safety: Material handlers are expected observe all Safety Policies and operate in a safe manner at all times.
- Quality: Maintain inventory accuracy by properly identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock in the correct location; recording location of inventory.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on pick lists.
- Maintain in-process inventory at production lines by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Document materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Prepare finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Maintain material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist in other areas where needed.
Physical Demands & Frequency: Requires frequent lifting, reaching, handling, and transitioning on and off the lift truck.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Must be fork truck certified.
- Must be able to operate standard forklift, stand up forklift, and hand operated lifts.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime (if required).
General Educational Development: Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form. Must be computer literate, as this position will involve the use of a PC to print labels, and locate inventory in the warehouse using SAP. Good math skills will be essential to the success of this position, as the position requires the ability to accurately count.
Qualifications/Training: Candidate shall successfully complete training program and as applicable, qualification requirements, as defined by the responsible functional manager. Basic computer experience is a plus. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period.
Training: No experience necessary, but is preferred. On the job training provided.
Aptitudes: High attention to details and strong organizational skills.
Temperaments: Must be able to perform a variety of duties; often changing from one task to another without the loss of efficiency. Requires the precise attainment of standards; in order to make evaluations or decisions that are based upon sensory or judgmental criteria.
Environmental Conditions: Frequent impact noise, seasonal changes in heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety shoes, and gloves.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.