As a Production Specialist, you'll have an opportunity to participate in a unique operation at Penske. No experience in DPF cleaning or technology needed! You will become a DPF technology expert through hands-on training and mentorship. You will inspect, recondition, and package DPFs to meet Penske's quality standards. DPFs are an essential part to our vehicles exhaust system and you will be an essential part to our operations. If you are mechanically inclined or willing to learn and interested in joining this unique operation, join our team!
This position will be located at the Penske facility at 41 Wingco Lane in Reading, PA.
The schedule will be Monday through Friday tentatively 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
- 1 st Shift Operation - No Weekends
- Performance is reviewed annually to determine merit increases.
- Internal training and promotion opportunities to develop skills and increase earnings.
- Eligible for benefi ts after 60 days (Health, Dental, Vision)
- 401(K) and Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and Paid Sick Time
- Uniforms Provided
- Examine and test DPFs for restriction and cell integrity using FSX quality control equipment.
- Determine if DPF is able to be cleaned and reused or should be disposed, as measured against the appropriate baseline.
- Clean DPFs following the proper process, utilizing FSX cleaning equipment.
- Data entry for DPF condition, measurements and pass/fail.
- Package cleaned DPFs to prep for shipment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the facility. Ensures that parts are organized and properly stored.
- Maintains equipment to include cleaning and regular maintain upkeep.
- Supports the facility in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains effective team relationships.
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 1 - 2 years of mechanical experience in the trucking industry is preferred (automotive or diesel)
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Drivers License Preferred
- Strong computer skills Using Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- Ability to operate machinery/equipment properly and efficiently
- Ablility to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to adjust to match workflow fluctuation.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Truck Leasing Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.