Transco a division of First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a Heavy-Duty On-Road Fleet Mechanic! 310T / 310S certification required.
First Student is proud to offer:
- Competitive pay plus benefits!!
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plans and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
- In an effort to improve the skills of our workforce and to distinguish us as an industry leader, First Student is instituting an ASE Blue Seal of Excellence Recognition Program. The ASE BONUS PROGRAM allows maintenance department employees the opportunity to earn additional pay by passing ASE certification testing. For each test that an employee successfully completes, they earn an hourly bonus. This bonus is added to their regular pay. Please speak to location manager regarding bonus details.
Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
“We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know