This position is responsible for handling various customers' requests and inquiries. Also is responsible for managing and directing customer service team staff to support all products and service lines.
• Handles orders from Import.
• Receives and reviews shipping documents for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
• Sends the shipping pre-notifications to customers prior to shipments' arrival.
• Issues billing for triangle shipments and domestic transportation and mails them out.
• Issues arrival notice to broker team.
• Communicating with overseas agent.
• Sends invoices to customers and overseas agents as requested.
• Contacts the trucking companies to arrange pick-up cargos from customer's warehouse or other locations to the company warehouse.
• Responsible to coordinate trucking schedule and makes any adjustment as needed.
• Makes sure that all paperwork is completed in compliance with customs regulations.
IMPORT CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Contacts with customers and/or overseas agents by e-mail, phone, or in person.
• Provides quotation to the customer and rate to other branches/oversea offices.
• Assists sales and operation with billing, resolution of service issues and customer complaints.
• Tracks the shipments and announce customers and overseas agents for shipment status.
• Updates shipment status, provides quote, and prepares any necessary information and documents of import shipment.
• Coordinates and directs operations team/overseas agent for air and ocean traffic as well as all documents on forwarding and distribution service.
• E-mails necessary shipping information to the customers, Japan and other parties after completing export documentation.
• Creates new files, inputs freight, terminal, document, com and any additional fees and charges; Requests checks as needed.
• Creates debit invoices for customers for provided invoices; Issues invoices to customers.
• Assembles imports brokerage and breakbulk clearance documents for debit invoicing, customs and import files.
• Breaks down document pouches and consolidation shipments as needed; Prepares manifests as needed.
• Processes T.E. entries, prints delivery orders, prints authority to make entry letters, etc.
• Prepares calculations and reports as needed; Updates and maintains specified spreadsheets.
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned management.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
• Maintains good communication with other managers, staff & outside contacts.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.