Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As a Local Account Executive at XPO Logistics, you'll act as a champion for customers, working to provide them with the most efficient and cost-effective solutions. You'll find yourself immersed in a forward-thinking environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. We'll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Conduct daily face-to-face customer visits to drive sales increases and support local sales in national and strategic accounts
- Grow share of wallet within existing customer base, gain share of wallet from new customers and grow overall market share within your assigned territory
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with customers
- Facilitate the networking of Directors of Sales/Operations, Service Center Managers and Supervisors with the customer
- Work with Customer Support Specialists, Customer Service Representatives and other sales support staff to ensure effective administrative support and customer satisfaction
- Develop relationships vertically and horizontally within customer organizations
- Share market and sales status with local service center; describe future business opportunities for local employees
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- 1 year of direct business-to-business selling experience supporting both local and national sales efforts
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint)
- Experience working with enterprise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Availability and flexibility to work evenings and some weekends as needed
It'd be great if you also have:
- 2 years of direct business-to-business selling experience supporting both local and national sales efforts
- Experience working in Salesforce.com
- Proven track record of success in sales, customer relations and in collaborating across multiple business units
- Competitive nature with a hunter mentality and a strong desire to win
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills with the ability to be productive in a variety of work environments
- Ability to understand competitor strategies, products, and pricing patterns
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.