International Logistics Analyst: Cargo Management
Cargo Management Center
Analyst, International Logistics
This position is responsible for the successful oversight and execution of cargo being Imported/Exported into North America by our Key Accounts. Analyst will be liaising with other internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, strategic Yield management, EQC, operations ect) as well as representing ONE in customer meetings, business reviews and day to day transactions. Analysts will be working to optimize and coordinate Cargo movement through proactive reporting, notification, problem resolution and successful execution of account plans based on contractual agreements as well as ad hoc shipment requests. The incumbent will report to a Supervisor.
- Assist with the daily processes that ensure smooth movement of high-value cargo moving in/out of North America.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex challenges involving cargo movement including but no limited to: customs, schedule deviations, expedited movement requests, technical challenges and account requests and inquiries.
- This position is responsible for one stop escalation dispute resolutions.
- Handles situations that may require adaptation of response or extensive research according to customer needs.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the organization, products, and/or services.
- Requires advanced problem solving
- Assess customer needs and suggest/promote alternative services.
- Trucking dispatch for Door moves.
- Proactive review of scheduled shipments, tracking tracing and proactive customer outreach for delays and advisories.
- Works closely with the onboarding team to understand Key Account contracts, lanes of business and any special handling required.
- Key Account Metric and performance reporting
- Liaise with internal teams for creation and maintenance of customized account reporting.
- Invoice dispute resolution
- Creation and delivery of presentations to leadership as well as Key Accounts.
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Data handling and Analytical reasoning skills
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills
- Inland logistics, intermodal and port operations knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including excel formulas and macros, as well as Google Suite
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Critical thinking and decision making.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Adapts to change and prioritizes for high-end results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Responsive, dependable and follows through
- Team Player
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Logistics knowledge including but not limited to rail, truck, vessel/ terminal operation, customs, and service contracts.
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers with accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Responds to account demands clearly, accurately, and timely in a caring manner
- G Suite and Microsoft office experience
Required Minimum Years' Experience:
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Ocean Network Express provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At Ocean Network Express, we strive towards high-level results for all our employees and pride ourselves on identifying opportunities for internal movement and advancement of proven talent. If you're interested in a career in the global transportation industry and are looking for growth and advancement opportunities, we encourage you to apply. We enjoy meeting candidates that are persistent in their own professional development.
About Ocean Network Express (ONE)
Ocean Network Express (ONE) was incepted on July 7, 2017, following the liner service integrations of Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha ("K" LINE), Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) and Nippon Yusen Kaisha (NYK). The new entity functions from its global headquarters in Singapore, supported by regional headquarters in Hong Kong, Singapore, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Brazil. ONE is the world's sixth-largest container carrier with a fleet size of approximately 1.59 million TEU. Operating more than 220 vessels, it offers an expeditious and reliable international network of over 130 services to 120 countries and beyond. ONE is a member of THE Alliance (THEA), a global ocean carrier consortium.
For more information, please visit www.one-line.com