Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Weekend Day Shift, Saturday - Monday, 6:00am - 6:00pm
Pay rates starting at $27.50/hr. plus applicable shift differentials.
As the Maintenance Technician III, you will be responsible for maintaining the conditions of operating equipment and performing necessary repairs while adhering to company standards and safety policies. This role is critical to providing our technicians with safe and reliable equipment which ensures they can deliver superior service to our customers. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Ensure all facilities and equipment are properly maintained and in good, safe working order
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance on various manufacturing and packing equipment and electrical panels
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance a timely manner
- Maintain documentation of preventive maintenance, equipment repair, part usages and other projects
- Handle and keep a supply of spare parts inventory
- Make sure that equipment is started properly at the beginning of the shift
- Properly maintain, inspect and repair machines, equipment, electronics, mechanical conveyor systems and warehouse facilities
- Locate sources of problems by observing and listening to mechanical devices in operation; diagnose and make repairs as needed
- Maintain and troubleshoot conveyor systems both mechanical and electrical
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of experience as a multi-craft technician
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical systems, including lighting, power distribution, drives, motors, bearings, conveyor systems preventative maintenance and repair, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and operator interfaces, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), HVAC systems and controls
- Ability to read simple electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Degree in related field or specialized vocational technical school or equivalent experience
- Experience with robotic operations and maintenance
- Experience reading blueprints, electrical schematics, electrical and electronic principles
- Ability to work independently and prove ability to troubleshoot under high pressure
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.