Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists to improve our manufacturing technology worldwide by discovering, developing, applying, and implementing, new finishing technologies to our manufacturing plants with the goal to reduce manufacturing cost or to launch new manufacturing systems to make new products. Critical finishing technologies include grinding, hard turning, 5-axis machining, superfinishing, mass finishing, non-traditional finishing, and related technologies.
- Develops finishing machine tool technology and automation for new and existing assets for plant implementation.
- Investigates new finishing technology developments in the industry.
- Develops CAM programming and work holding solutions for new and existing product.
- Works with process engineers to execute test plans and develop new processes.
- Trains operators on newly developed manufacturing processes; ensuring proper knowledge transfer.
- Writes and maintains machine tool work instructions.
- Performs process capability analysis.
- Performs machine installation, set-up, and machine metrology.
- Motivation to learn new skills and manufacturing processes.
- International and domestic travel is required at a maximum of 25%.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to apply a structured approach to effective problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively with coworkers and as part of a larger technical team.
- Knowledge of finishing processes ex. grinding, superfinishing, turning, & 5-axis machining.
- Hands on experience operating CNC/PLC type finishing equipment.
- Mechanical Intuition.
- Experience training global associates on new equipment.
- Ability to read complex product prints and working knowledge of advanced GD&T.
- CAD/CAM programming skills (NX preferred).
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & Power Point).
- 5-Axis Machining (preferred).
- High School or equivilant with 15 years of manufacturing or hands on process development experience, or
- Associate's degree with 10 years of manufacturing or hands on process development experience, or
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials or Industrial Engineering or Related Business or Technology degree and 4 years of relevant experience, and
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.