AFF Regional Manager- Central
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Airfreight Product within the corresponding USA region -Central ; the core responsibilities comprehend: Carrier Management, Trade Lane and Product management, Planning & controlling, seamless operation procedures, service quality and P&L optimization
- Manage to outsource and negotiate air freight rates for the USA-outbound market.
- Negotiate trucking rates (Inbound/outbound) at local or subregion level to contribute to air product competitiveness. Ourtsource, together with the corresponding branch, any service required to build an airfreight product such as pharma compliance warehouses, or similar facilities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with carriers and other subcontractors to support air product service level and rate competitiveness.
- Prepare and manage Capacity Plans: short term (Emergency)and long term capacity plans.
- Assist branches in supporting global headquarters air freight strategies and policies.
- Drive continuous cost and service improvement efforts with air carriers and trucking companies.
- Follow and execute the airlines evaluation system and core carriers' program established by the AFF procurement department (RHQ)
- Act as first escalation point and resolve air procurement and services issues with carriers.
- Provide permanent input on the global air freight market situation and windows of opportunities. Assess current and evolving business models in the marketplace affecting the global air freight business.
- Responsible for analyzing and implementing, consolidation service opportunities for different trade lanes.
- Set and plan strategic measures/policies to ascertain where costs/rates can be reduced or eliminated.
- Support the Tender Management Team (TMT) with strategic pricing for high cargo volume RFQ's and provide input to (TMT) on consolidation opportunities and capacity constraints.
- Manage the Air Rate Platform for the corresponding subregion maintaining updated and competitive rates and SSR's for the air products (Economy, Standard, Expedite).
- Support the regional sales teams with high volume spot quotations.
- Manage the Cargo Steering plan, select alternative GPA carriers to achieve the utilization % goal.
- Responsible for branches E-AWB utilization and E-Booking performance.
- Responsible for all aspects of the trade lane including, but not limited to dispute resolutions (with carriers or among Yusen Logistics operating companies or 3rd party agents), communication channels, general assistance for both exports and imports.
- Monitor quality procedures, work with branches to identify areas of improvement, mistakes avoidance and countermeasures.
- Monitor branches' compliance with AFF OPS SOP and identify areas for improvement and leaner process. Assist in achieving branches' KPI's.
- Responsible for budget achievement in the US subregion: BO volume, GP, SGA and OP1. Work with and support BD and branches to jointly achieve or surpass budget agreed figures.
- Support BD with sales campaigns, key accounts,new and existing business. Monitor CRM for pipeline visibility. Obtain monthly volume forecast report and customers' shipping planning.
- Work closely with other departments to achieve synergy of cooperation among business.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an equivalent Air Freight Management role with a freight forwarding company.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Air Cargo IATA certifications desirabe.
- Solid knowledge of international freight forwarding.
- Must possess excellent communicative skills both spoken and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal management skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be able to work as part of a team
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.