Senior Operations Manager (Supply Chain/Logistics)(Job Number: 2204551)
Provide tactical direction and leadership to staff to ensure customer requirements are met while meeting our Penske goals and objectives. Maintain a professional approach while supporting the solution enabling achievement of all contractual obligations. Create and foster a relationship with the customer's logistics manager to facilitate operational stability.
This position may be specific to one customer or group of customer with similar needs.
Salary: $115-130,000 annually
Position is bonus eligible up to 30% of their salary, and includes a company vehicle
- Ensure that all supervisors understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives, Interview and hire all associates up to supervisor level. Conduct exit interviews as needed, Build engagement by expressing pride in the group where the goals are met and recognize and reward associates for their achievements, Develop direct reports through training and succession planning.
- Interact daily with our local customer to ensure we understand existing and emerging customer needs, Utilize team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization, carrier selection, backhauls, trailer loading, inventory accuracy and warehouse operations, Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan, Manage the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets, Identifies issues with the operating metrics and P&L and responds accordingly, Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
- Monitor and improve accident frequency, Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place, Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer, Identify and seize profitable business opportunities, Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
- Monitor and improve fleet/equipment utilization and fuel efficiency, Contribute to equipment specification at time of start-up and renewal, Build a strong working relationship with local PTL district and other equipment vendors.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 5 years related logistics and supply chain experience required
- At least 3 years managerial or supervisory experience required
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint required
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.