Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift , Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm
As the Project Manager, Operations, you will lead key strategic projects across the business, working cross-functionally to implement solutions, troubleshoot problems and monitor the effectiveness of strategic initiatives. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Create and manage cohesive project programs and plans with identifiable critical paths, task dependencies, risk/issue mitigation processes and major milestones
- Create and present Executive summaries on Project progress.
- Drive escalations on risk and potential roadblocks to project.
- Work with business process owners to identify and scope areas of opportunity
- Creatively scope, manage and implement projects to meet business needs
- Provide leadership for project execution for both internal departments and external clients; offer direction and guidance to the project team and communicate project requirements to internal and external stakeholders
- Build solid relationships and collaborations with senior leadership to support company goals
- Develop customer presentations that illustrate solution components and value propositions
- Support other project managers and project team members as needed
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience in operations, preferably in manufacturing or logistics
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification and/or PMP
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Microsoft Project experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- The self-motivation to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
We engineer smarter, faster, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.