The ideal candidate would have good computer and organizational skills. The Shipping/Receiving position will handle incoming and outgoing shipments. ISCO is a large company that can offer job security, but is also still family owned and operated. The Winnipeg location in particular consists of a small team where people are trusted and empowered by the company to do their jobs without micromanagement. ISCO offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive pay. It's a growing company with locations throughout North America and has opportunities for capable, motivated individuals to advance within the company over time.
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Empowered & Engaged:
- Determines method of shipment to ensure competitive rates and on–time secure delivery of product
- Schedules & coordinates daily shipments with freightliners
- Prioritizes and sorts work orders to ensure efficient loading and unloading of product
- Compares identifying information of incoming & outgoing shipments to verify information against invoices, orders, or other records to ensure accuracy of shipment
- Prepares and maintains records of all shipments and transactions including billing of shipments. Enters and maintains data in Prelude
- Conducts daily cycle counts
- Receives incoming shipments and places in inventory. Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Operates forklift to move, convey, or hoist product from shipping and receiving platform to storage or delivery freight.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Assists with basic office operations; prints and affixes shipping labels
- Performs other related duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED; data entry experience; and Outlook email proficiency. Prior warehouse, shipping, and/or distribution experience preferred.
- Clearly and effectively communicate using email and telephone shipping related information to customers, vendors, and co-workers; effective communication skills
- Organize and prioritize work orders to meet shipping
- Audit work to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipping orders; attention to detail
- Identify potential delays and/or address immediate shipping delays and provide an effective and timely resolution and/or contingency plan; problem solving
- Work independently with limited supervision; self starter
Occasionally exerting up to 70 pounds of force; frequently exerting up to 50 pounds of force; and constantly exerting 10 pounds of force to move objects. Frequent stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, and walking are required. Frequent talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are required.
For more information about this position and ISCO, please visit our YouTube page.